Kale & Walnut Pesto
A great way to implement raw kale into your diet for a great source of vitamin A, potassium, vitamin C, and iron.
- 1 bunch Kale, stems removed and leaves ripped into smaller pieces(about 8 cups of Kale)
- ⅓ cup walnuts (use sunflower seeds for nut allergies)
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese (use nutritional yeast flakes if making vegan)
- ½ cup grapeseed oil** (See note)
- juice of ½ lemon
- A pinch of salt
- Using a food processor, blitz the walnuts, salt, kale, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese until pieces are uniform in size.
- Drizzle grapeseed oil over pesto and use a fork to mix the pesto with the oil. Feel free to adjust the amount of oil to your liking.
- Serves 2 cups
“Blood is thicker than water”, when used in the context of family over friends, is in fact a wildly incorrect bastardisation.
The true, full quote is “The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb,” and refers to relationships forged by choice holding deeper meaning than those of mere biology.